MOTORFOOT
"Get On It!"

Update Building MOTORFOOT

by motorfoot 3/31/2008 2:09:00 PM

I'm going to use this blog to actually blog a bit on the status of building MOTORFOOT.

It is a bit frustrating at times to put the pieces in place to build a website. I am a programmer but don't have time to build every thing from scratch. I tried that years ago with a motorcycle website. I wrote the database, forums, guest book, classified ad system, blog, etc. My vision was to integrate everything together, and I was doing just that. Unfortunately, it consumed 90% of my time, thoughts and energy. I will never do that again, but I learned a lot.

But even with off-the-shelf software it still seems like a tall order. Web applications and web hosts are still maturing, and that means there is still a lot of custom coding that has to be done to create a truly integrated site. It could easily be a few more years before it becomes feasible to do what I want to do with MOTORFOOT.

So, what is the vision of MOTORFOOT? It's nothing new.

I'll post more on this later. :)

Insane Motorcycle Guy

by motorfoot 3/30/2008 4:23:00 AM

Want an adrenaline rush while sitting at your computer? Watch this!!

http://view.break.com/473168 - Watch more free videos

Thanks to TheAutoProphet for digging this one up!

Tags:

Video

Challenger SRT Video

by motorfoot 3/27/2008 11:35:00 AM

Great video on Challenger SRT photo shoot. For you budding videographers, the photographer, Andrew Yeadon, offers several tips on shooting auto videos.

Top Gear Magazine shoot for new Challenger SRT

Tags:

Video

MOTORFOOT "Coming Soon" Update

by motorfoot 3/19/2008 4:51:00 AM

Updates to the MOTORFOOT Coming Soon page based on March NY Auto Show.

Camaro will arrive in showrooms March 2009 as a 2010 model.

Pontiac wants you to name the new G8 ST (Sport Truck)

Pontiac Solstice Targa!

Details at: MOTORFOOT: Coming Soon

Tags:

Site Updates

2008 Car Night Season Unofficial Kickoff

by motorfoot 3/17/2008 1:11:00 PM

As the trees start budding and birds start building their nests, so too around the country the car fanatics begin to gather in greater numbers to celebrate the ritual of car congregation.

The 2008 Cruise Night season unofficially kicked off on the first almost warm Spring night in Austin Texas (actually Oak Hill).

As everyone knows, the MOTORFOOT World Headquarters is in Austin Texas, so we thought we would share the love with you by sharing a few car night photos.

Austin has two popular gatherings, one up North and one down South. The photos below are from the South Austin Saturday evening gathering.

Do you participate in a Car Night event in your city? Do you have pictures you would like to share? Let us know!

Related:
austin.motorfoot.com

Texans Get Extra Character - MOTRFUT

by motorfoot 3/13/2008 3:35:00 PM
Attention Texas vanity plate fans, you will soon be able to express yourself with more character!

Texas offenders at the Wynne Correctional Unit in Huntsville will begin stamping out seven-character general issue license plates in 2009.

According to American Association of Motor Vehicle Administrators "Texas is dead last in the nation in the percentage of drivers with vanity plates." and "Less than 1 percent of the state's 21 million vehicles have customized plates, compared to 16 percent in Virginia."

It took 33 years to run out of six-character combinations. TxDOT estimates that the seven-character plates will run out in about 35 years. But of course, the catchy vanity plate messages will be snapped up much quicker!

Sources:
>> www.txdot.gov
>> www.txdot.gov/news/007-2008.htm

Tags:

News

The Chevy HHR I Would Buy

by motorfoot 3/4/2008 11:37:00 AM

When the HHR first came out I wasn't interested. In picture form, it didn't look very attractive to me. As they started to appear on the street I found the car looked ok, but still not interested.

Shift.

As gas prices started climbing and my daily driver was geting older I started thinking about options.

Enter the HHR SS.

The HHR SS has improved suspension, 18 inch wheels, and a turbocharged engine that grunts out 260 hp/lb-ft. That's 55 more ponies than the standard engine! Sir, you have my attention!

But then.

I found out the engine was detuned to 235 hp for the automat version so it wouldn't destroy the fragile four speed automatic trans. Dang.

What If Mode.

I like trucks. What if Chevy chopped the HHR into son of SSR? Now that's interesting. They could offer (1) the standard HHR, (2) the Panel version (coming in June 08), and (3) the son of SSR Truck version. And throw in a beefy five speed paddle shift automatic just for me.

Back to Article...

If you are interested in the new SS version of the HHR, you might wait because further enhancements, such as Brembo brakes, larger rotors, and limited-slip differential, will come in the Spring. As for me, it's a compelling package for a daily driver, but I'm not going to buy it because Chevy chose not to equip it with a sturdy automatic. Bring back the freakin S10. My search continues.

USS New York, 9-11, Rising from the Ashes

by motorfoot 3/1/2008 1:43:00 AM
The Navy's latest ship, the USS New York, will be christened this weekend in New Orleans, Louisiana.

The leading edge of its bow is made from steel girders salvaged from the ruins of the World Trade Center.

The USS New York is the first of three ships that will serve as a memorial.

The USS Somerset will be named for the county in Pennsylvania where Flight 93 crashed while passengers fought with the hijackers.

The USS Arlington will honor the county where the third plane crashed into the Pentagon.

A fitting memorial to September 11, and a continuing message to our enemies, "We will never forget."

Tags: